Sunday Special Smoothie
Another Sunday in college. You wake up expecting a day filled with studying and misery. But today you perk right out of bed. The hang over demons have been exorcised this godly morning. You’re feeling fresher than Will Smith. As Ice Cube said, “Today is going to be a good day.” And no it has nothing to do with none of your friends getting shot.
But the question is, in which direction are you intending to take your day? With so much energy, you’re unsure what to do. Then the angel and devil pop up on both shoulder. The dark/college side urges you to start boozing out in the sun. The good/healthy side says hit the gym and convert this energy into something positive for yourself.
Well if you want to be productive and still delay the decision further, time to dust of the blender and make yourself a smoothie. Filled with delicious fruit and yogurt, smoothies are an easy way to have a healthy meal or mask the flavor of a ton of alcohol. Either way you fulfilling your daily fruits pyramid requirement. Being healthy and drinking? That’s the America I really want to live in Michelle Obama.
1/2 cup of blueberries
1/4 cup of grapefruit juice
chia seeds (optional)
rum (not so optional)
1 container of plain yogurt
1/2 cup of milk
ice to cover to top of blender
1. Begin by washing the fruit and adding it to the blender. Cut up the larger pieces of fruit.
2. Add in the yogurt, juice, and milk. Make sure there is some fluid on the bottom of the blender so it blends well. Do not over do it though or your smoothie will be more liquid than solid.
3. Cover the ingredients with ice to the top of the blender. If it is a larger blender, then use ice sparingly. You can always add more ice, but can’t take it out.
4. Blend for 12 seconds. Taste for consistency. If there are too many chunks of ice, blend longer.
5. Pour a round for your friends and make fun of how miserable they are. Decide to both drink and go work out.