Roasted Garlic Kale Chips
As guys we will go to fantastic lengths to impress girls. Countless hours of apple picking, ice-skating, and animal shelters have been suffered through in the attempt to appear like a renaissance man. Well there is a looming threat that might draw the line too far to court a lady. I’m talking about vegetarianism.
Vegetarianism has been around since the dawn of man, but now more than ever “scientists” and “nutritionists” are trying to convince us that it’s “unhealthy” and we’re “destroying the environment” for enjoying a rack of ribs. And even worse, new trendy foods like quinoa and kale are being forced on us by the herbivore crusade. Well every man has his limits, but sometimes there are crafty ways around those limits.
Kale seems to be the superstar of the vegetarians these days. Well what if you could make some bland leaves turn into something awesome everyone enjoys….chips! That’s right, you can make homemade roasted garlic kale chips that actually taste awesome. You can simultaneously earn brownie points with that vegetarian girl in your nutrition class and have chips that are good for you. Appreciate kale now because in 7 months grazing like cattle will be in as the next vegetarian health fad. Stranger things have happened.
2 stalks of fresh kale
1 Tablespoon of olive oil
3 cloves of garlic, minced
sea salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Wash the kale and cut the stalks off. Take the remaining leaves and rip them into decent sized pieces and place them on a baking tray. The picture below shows where to cut to remove the stalks.
3. Pat the wet kale dry with a paper towel.
4. Drizzle the olive oil over the kale and use your hands to coat every piece. Add the garlic and sea salt.
5. Place in the oven on the middle rack. Cook for 10 minutes then flip and cook for an additional 7 minutes.
6. Enjoy a nice vegetarian meal, while you wait for later to enjoy some 7/11 taquitos.