Cajun Grilled Chicken
It’s the beginning of the summer. It has only been a week since you left college and you start to realize you’re bored already. Life at home sucks. Your parents are constantly nagging you. The other day at dinner you had two beers at dinner and your mom almost sent you to rehab. After the school year jammed packed with booze and excitement, its a tough transition to move back home.
During the week, your only options seem to be binge watching Netflicks or maybe going to gym. All of your home friends have internships already, so your life is revolves around sleeping, eating, and watching snap stories of people having fun. Time to spice it up by grilling some Cajun Chicken. This is a very basic recipe for a healthy summer meal thats high in protein. Its the perfect meal if you’re planning on making it to the beach this summer…after one more episode of Game of Thrones.
1 chicken breast, cut thin or pounded thin with a mallet
oil to coat the chicken
1 Tablespoon of chili powder
1 Tablespoon of paprika
1 Tablespoon of garlic powder
1 Tablespoon of onion powder
2 teaspoons of cumin
2 teaspoons of cayenne powder
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the grill to a medium-high heat, around 450 degrees
2. Wash the chicken breast. If it is relatively thick cut into two pieces. If they are decent sized, cover with saran wrap and take a mallet and pound thinner.
3. Coat the chicken lightly with oil.
4. Combine all of the spices into a bowl. Season the chicken liberally on both sides.
5. Place the chicken on the grill and cover. Cook for 4 minutes on each sides or until juices run clear.
6. Enjoy and then head back to the couch to finish your 6th straight episode of Breaking Bad.