Buffalo Roasted Chickpeas
There is probably nothing worse in the world than watching sports with girls. Every fraternity has a sacred code to never allow girls at any major sports viewing. The second this code is breached, the sorority girls and the violating brother in question should expect dirty looks and a couple empty beer cans to the head the rest of the game.
But, there is one exception to the rule…when a new smoke show that no one knows well wants to come watch. Well if Samantha from KKG wants to come over, she can bring her whole sorority and no one would bat an eye.
You’ve caught word that she is a vegetarian and really likes animals. So you do what any reasonable man would do in the same situation, you steal your neighbor’s dog and cook up a vegetarian dish because “meat is murder.” Don’t do something lame like make salad as an appetizer. Show you’re still a man by making Buffalo Roasted Chickpeas. The closest option to wings without the meat, Buffalo Roasted Chickpeas are bound to impress carnivores and omnivores alike. Just make sure to move fast on Samantha before one of her annoying friends moves on you after trying your chickpeas.
1 15oz can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
1/4 cup of Franks Red Hot Sauce
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 Tablespoon of butter
1. Preheat the oven to 4oo degrees
2. Melt the butter in the microwave in a large bowl. Add the hot sauce and the garlic powder to the bowl and stir thoroughly to combine.
3. Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Toss them into the bowl with the other ingredients and toss until well coated.
4. Grease a baking sheet and place chickpeas on the sheet. Pop into the oven for 35-45 minutes until crispy. Use a spatula to rotate the chickpeas at least once halfway through cooking.
5. Take out of the oven and enjoy with your new “friends” in KKG. If you don’t at least get Samantha’s number, make sure to never allow your “friends” to come over to watch sports again.