Recovery Breakfast Burrito
Your head is pounding, vision is blurry, and you lost track of what day or even year it is. As you attempt to compose yourself, it dawns on you that suffering of this magnitude must mean one thing…it’s Sunday. After three consecutive days of binge drinking, reality is about to hit you hard in the face.
Sunday is a love/hate relationship in college. On one hand there’s no class and you can lie on the couch convulsing in pain from all of your questionable decisions from the weekend. But on the other hand, you didn’t do any work the whole weekend and now you have two papers due tomorrow. Time to grab your “prescribed” medicine and head to the library.
Before you spend the next eight hours procrastinating on your lap top, maybe you should make some food to combat your raging hang over. A huge Breakfast Burrito is the best way to start your recovery process. Perfect for absorbing the leftover alcohol, your Burrito will have you feeling almost semi-coherent in no time!
1 Tablespoon of milk
2 teaspoons of vegetable oil
shredded cheese of your choosing
chorizo (or any sausage/bacon)
salt and pepper
1. Begin by cooking the chorizo or sausage in a separate pan. Add a teaspoon of oil and heat it up to a medium-low heat. Cover the sausage and let cook for 5 minutes.
2. Uncover the sausage and turn the heat up to medium-high. Cook 2 minutes per side until sausage is nice and golden brown. Remove from pan and slice into small circles.
3. Combine the eggs and milk in a bowl or a cup. Use a fork to beat the eggs and create one homogeneous solution.
4. Heat up another pan with the remaining 1 teaspoon of oil and make sure the pan is completely coated. Add the eggs and let cook for 2 minutes.
5. Flip the eggs and add the cheese. Cook for another minute. Scramble the eggs and add the salsa and the cut up sausage. Cook for another 2 minutes.
6. Remove from the pan and place on a tortilla.
7. Serve with a giant Gatorade with a side of regret after checking your drunk texts from last night.